Buyer - Women's Team
Title: Buyer - Women's Team
Location: Topeka, KS
Job ID: 3729
Payless ShoeSource is currently in a search for aBuyerfor thePayless Women's team.
Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company’s mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our customers. Payless has more than 4,400 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kan. where its global headquarters remains today.
As a Buyer at Payless you will build a product line to meet customer needs and help drive financial strategies for the team. The buyer executes the day to day merchandising strategy as well as serving as a liaison between product development, design, marketing, and planning and distribution.
· Building the product line by creating a balanced assortment
· Negotiates and influences pricing strategy
· Partners with planning to build financial plans
· Predicts depth and longevity of ideas on product life cycle
· Ensures products meet finesse standards
· Determines where the beauty products are sourced
· Partners with marketing to determine promotional items, in-store marketing & advertising vehicles
· Reviews products, pricing and text in marketing layouts
· Uses data to identify key drivers to the business and reacts appropriately
· Uses information about the market and competition to provide input into strategic planning process
· Provides training and orientation to new team members
· Interviews and offers input on selecting candidates
· Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, Marketing or a related field
· Four to seven years of specialty retail buying experience
· Proven ability to think strategically and conceptually
· Strong merchandising skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Management experience
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally
· Strong presentation, communication and negotiating skills
· Strong understanding of vertically integrated retail operations
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.