Associate Buyer-Women's Buying
Title: Associate Buyer-Women's Buying
Location: Topeka, KS
Job ID: 120515
Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company’s mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our customers. Payless has more than 4,400 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kan. where its global headquarters remains today.
Payless ShoeSource is currently in a search for aAssociate Buyerfor thePayless Women's team. This is a unique opportunity to learn multiple categories in the Women's Business as anUnassigned Associate Buyer.
As an associate buyer at Payless you will help build preliminary assortments for specific clusters or categories. The associate buyer will identify future trends, distinct product ideas, and cluster differences within the department team. This role allows someone to be a key contributor to buying team in making decisions on the product assortment.
* Analyzes the marketplace to develop products that are perceived as unique and valuable
* Tracks and Communicates promotional activities to team members
* Assesses positions of ideas on product life cycle
* Identifies products that should be tested
* Identifies, analyzes and documents key learning’s for potential opportunities and risks
* Works in stores periodically to better understand the customer
* Offers perspective and influences line during assortment building process
* Manages inventory to plan on a product classification level
* Determines action to take on over and underperforming products
* Initiates order placement and communicates relevant information to team members
* Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, Marketing or a related field required
* Three to five years of specialty retail experience
* Comfortable with analytical and quantitative analysis of financial data
* Highly reliable and detail oriented
* Resourceful and self-confident
* Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Works well under pressure
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.